Wednesday 23 December 2015

The Christmas Dragon - Book Review


The Christmas Dragon (Among the Mythos #2)
by Ruthanne Reid


What is it about:

All Katie Lin wants is to get away from her family: from the magic, from the mayhem, and from the never-ending war. Unfortunately, someone has other ideas, and sends her a box. A box that jumps.

The tiny fire hazard inside may just force her back to Wales - and right into the path of a dragon war, the Crow King, and at least one reluctant elf prince. Sometimes, running away just doesn’t work as planned.


What did I think of it:
I picked this up as part of my seasonal reading. Well, this might be called The Christmas Dragon, but the only Christmassy thing is that the dragon is left as a Christmas present on Katie's porch.

Otherwise this is a Fantasy story. It's nice enough, but I didn't get the main plot. It seemed that everything that happened was unnecessary. It never became clear to me just why the box was given to Katie, but maybe that's just me.

Anyway: the story was entertaining, the world building nice, and the characters interesting. So apart from not getting the necessity of this story, I enjoyed reading this novella. I'm not sure if I will read other books in this series though.

Why should you read it:
It's an entertaining Fantasy novella.


Buy from Amazon

2 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Verra cool :)

Aurian said...

Still it sounds like a nice series, new author to me though.