Wednesday 18 September 2019

Daughter of Necessity - Book Review


Daughter of Necessity
by Marie Brennan


What is it about:
By day she crafts; by night she unmakes. Surely somewhere, in all the myriad crossings of the threads, there is a future in which all will be well. Marie Brennan offers an intriguing new spin on a classic tale.

What did I think of it:
Another short story that was recommended on Goodreads for people who loved A Human Stain.

This story is so different, I suspect the only reason it's compared to A Human Stain it's because it's also a TOR short story.

That being said: I really liked this story. It's a clever and enjoyable spin on the story about Penelope's efforts to keep her suitors at bay while waiting for the return of Odysseus. It gives her more agency and made me root for her.

Not a creepy story, but definitely a story with heart.

Why should you read it:
I can recommend this to anyone who loves retellings.


Buy from Amazon

No comments: