Friday 28 May 2021

Fugitive Telemetry - Book Review

 



Fugitive Telemetry (The Murderbot Diaries #6)
by Martha Wells 

What is it about:
No, I didn’t kill the dead human. If I had, I wouldn’t dump the body in the station mall.

When Murderbot discovers a dead body on Preservation Station, it knows it is going to have to assist station security to determine who the body is (was), how they were killed (that should be relatively straightforward, at least), and why (because apparently that matters to a lot of people—who knew?)

Yes, the unthinkable is about to happen: Murderbot must voluntarily speak to humans!

What did I think of it:
Although this is book 6 in the series it is set before the events in book 5 as far as I can tell. Also: it is sort of a standalone in so far that it's not connected to events in the other books.

And with that we have the only 'flaw' in this novella. I missed the connection to the overall story arc of this series.

Other than that this novella is just as awesome as the other books. Murderbot is cynical and sarcastic as ever, and tries hard to keep the humans from doing stupid things. I was hooked from the start and read the book in one sitting, it was that engaging.

There were appearances of some of my favorite characters, as well as new characters who seemed intriguing. The story is a whodunnit in space and it was set up really well in my opinion. All in all well worth the wait.

Now the waiting for the next book begins.

Why should you read it:
Because Murderbot is awesome!


buy from amazon

No comments: