Wednesday 15 May 2013

The Eternity Cure - Book Review


The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2)
by Julie Kagawa


What is it about:
Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.


What did I think of it:
The first book in this series was a really cool read, so I picked up this book as soon as I could.

And it's even better than the first book!

Allie has matured a bit and is forced to let go of some of her rules to survive. Her struggle to hold on to her humanity was very interesting to see. I already liked her in the first book, but my respect for her grew over the course of this one.

One of the antagonists from the first book returns as well and has a bigger role this time: Jackal, Allie's vampiric brother so to speak. He was my favorite character in The Eternity Cure I have to confess. He has his own set of morals that don't match with Allies's and the differences between the two of them added tension to the already very suspenseful story.

The story is full of action, difficult choices, danger, betrayal and hope. I was hooked from the start and just as with the first book I almost couldn't put it down. The world building is again very well done and I liked learning a bit more about the inner workings of Vampire cities.

I will reread these book often and I will impatiently wait for the next book in this really cool series. I also might try other books by Kagawa as well.

Why should you read it:
It's a really cool Post-Apocalyptic/Dystopian YA with vampires


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide


2 comments:

Melliane said...

I didn't know this cover but I'm glad you enjoyed it as well!

Sullivan McPig said...

It's the UK cover :-)