Friday 25 February 2011

River Marked - Early Book Review *

River Marked (Mercedes Thompson #6) by Patricia Briggs

What is it about:
Car mechanic Mercy Thompson has always known there was something different about her, and not just the way she can make a VW engine sit up and beg. Mercy is a shapeshifter, a talent she inherited from her long-gone father. She’s never known any others of her kind. Until now.

An evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River—one that her father’s people may know something about. And to have any hope of surviving, Mercy and her mate, the Alpha werewolf Adam, will need their help…


What did I think of it:
I have been hoping for a story like this since reading the first Mercy Thompson book and learning she's a shapeshifter of Native American origin. And it's a great story! Thrilling, suspenseful and filled with emotion. Mercy's background and the story of her people is even more intriguing than I'd imagined and blends in perfectly with the already existing setting. Add a scary and disturbing action storyline to all this and Briggs delivers yet another fabulous book. I'm already looking forward to the next one!

Why should you read it:
It's the best werewolf/shapeshifter series there is!

*River Marked will officially be released on March 1st 2011


3 comments:

Unknown said...

YES!!!! I cant wait to read this!!! =D

Mel said...

I can't wait to get my hands on this either! I've pre-ordered it, but then today I found it in my local store...I didn't know whether to buy it or not!?! Glad it's worth the hype!

Sullivan McPig said...

I hope you'll love it as much as I do