Wednesday 3 January 2018

Shadow - Book Review


Shadow (Paper Gods 0.5)
by Amanda Sun


What is it about:
Meet two teens whose worlds are about to change forever in this paranormal Young Adult novella, a prequel to Ink by Amanda Sun…

Katie Greene’s worst nightmare comes true when her mother dies, and she’s devastated to learn that she will have to leave the only home she’s ever known. Desperate to find where she belongs, she must decide if she has what it takes to start a new life across the ocean.

For Yuu Tomohiro, every day is a nightmare. He struggles to control his strange ability, and keeps everyone at a distance so they won’t get hurt—even his girlfriend, Myu. At night, a shadow haunts his dreams, and a mysterious woman torments him with omens of death and destruction. But these haunting premonitions are only the beginning…


What did I think of it:
It recently occurred to me I never read the novellas that accompany the Paper Gods trilogy. As I really enjoyed the trilogy I decided to remedy that.

And this prequel is a really enjoyable read as well.

This novella leads up to the start of Ink, the first book in the trilogy, and tells what happened to Katie and Tomo in the few months before they meet. The chapters switch between Katie and Tomo and even though I knew what happened as it is referred to in the trilogy I enjoyed getting a better look at the both of them. I even enjoyed this novella so much, I'm tempted to do a reread of the trilogy soon.

I'll be reading the other novella soon.

Why should you read it:
For fans of the trilogy this is a nice extra, while it's a great starting point for people who want to give this series a try.


Buy from Amazon

No comments: