Tuesday 15 June 2010

My Attempt at Poetry


Enbrethiliel of Shredded Cheddar organised a poetry game where everyone got a word and a question and should try to make a poem with it.

My word: Epicurean
My question: What is the meaning of existence?

I had fun trying to come up with something, but it was hard as I'm not very good at writing poetry.
Here's my final result:

Humans always look for answers
Hunger for more, hunger for higher
Trying to find joy in another life
By striving for eternity
Not living for today, but living for later

Is there meaning in existence
If you can't find meaning
In the true moment of now?

Animals don't try to find the reason of being
They have already found it
By taking life one step at the time
Enjoying each moment when it's there
With epicurean joy


6 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

You are quite the philosophical pig, if you don't mind me saying so, Sully! ;-)

Thanks for joining the game! And congratulations on your three extra points for the contest/giveaway. =D

Belfry Bat said...

I love the way "epicurean" is contrasted with "hunger"... of course, the only way to strive for eternity is to work at it right now; I'm hopeful that it echoes in present beauty, too.

--Bat(=SomeGuyOnTheStreet=)

Anonymous said...

You pulled it off well. It's a good thing the word and the question were compatible.

Anonymous said...

I think you did a great job. What a hard question!

--Anna

Sullivan McPig said...

Thanks everyone. :-)

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

Very nice go at it! :D