Tuesday 8 June 2010

I won a Signed copy of The Betrayal


I just had to show off the book I got in the mail today!
I won this signed copy of The Betrayal by Pati Nagle over at Book Lovers inc and I'm really curious about it as it sounds like a really cool fantasy story. I'm going to read it as soon as I've finished 'The Scent of Shadows' so you can expect a review of this book soon.

Here's what it is about:
The noble and magical aelven were riven by war when a rogue clan embraced a forbidden source of magic: the drinking of blood. In the bitter fighting that ensued, the vampiric Clan Darkshore were cast out of the aelven and driven across the Ebon Mountains. Stripped of their various clan colors, they were thenceforth known only as “alben,” hated and shunned. An uneasy peace now holds over the land, but it is whispered that Shalár, the beautiful and bloodthirsty queen of the alben, is readying a surprise attack to win back all that was lost–and none can say where or when she will strike.

The fate of the clans will depend on two young aelven lovers, Eliani and Turisan, who are blessed with a legendary gift: the fabled power of mindspeech. But this ability comes with great risks. Time is running out as the alben mount their attack–and their ultimate betrayal.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty exciting. For a minute there I thought you were going to offer it to us.

Sullivan McPig said...

Oh, can't have that happening! I immediately changed the title of my post ;-)

Nina said...

That sounds really good. Well I hope you are going to enjoy the book!

Midnight Sapphire Books said...

Congratulations Sullivan!!! It sounds good!! Enjoy it

Birdie said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Congratulations.
This sounds awesome!

Sullivan McPig said...

Thanks everyone!

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

Congratulations! Careful, the winning is addictive. ;)