Thursday 17 June 2010

Night Myst - Book Review

Night Myst by Yasmine Galenorn

What is it about:
Eons ago, vampires tried to turn the Dark Fae in order to harness their magic, only to create a demonic enemy more powerful than they imagined. Now Myst, the Vampiric Fae Queen of the Indigo Court, has enough power to begin a long prophesied supernatural war. And Cicely Waters, a witch who can control the wind, may be the only one who can stop her-and save her beloved Fae prince from the Queen's enslavement.

What did I think of it:
I wasn't impressed by this story I must confess. I couldn't really understand the characters or why they acted like they did. I got the feeling Galenorn should have taken a bit more time to build up their personalities and backgrounds. Only later in the story you discover a bit more about Cicely and her lover, but even then I didn't feel the connection between them. All in all the lack of knowledge about the characters motivations kept me from feeling for them or caring about the unfolding events. I must say the setting and story idea were cool though, but not cool enough to overlook the lack of character depth.

Why should you read it:
It has Vampire Fae

No comments: