Tuesday 29 June 2010

Teaser Tuesdays - Dark Time


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


She stripped, tossing her clothes into a laundry bag - it cost thousands of dollars more per year in "tips" for her laundry service to ignore the occasional bloodstains and to repair knife holes, supposedly obtained during martial-arts training - and stepped into the shower.
(page 65, Dark Time, Mortal Path (book one) by Dakota Banks)


10 comments:

Aleksandra said...

Wow, great teaser! This one is on my wishlist, so I hope you're enjoying it! Happy reading!

Manga Maniac said...

Great teaser, and I love the cover of the book!

Mine are here -

http://www.mangamaniaccafe.com/?p=4108

Midnight Sapphire Books said...

Looks like she is kind of a hunter or something!

Thanks for visiting my blog ...

Cecelia said...

Must be nice to have the money to make them look the other way, eh? Nice teaser!

Thanks for visiting my blog as well.

Anonymous said...

Great teaser. I'd never considered a bad-asses laundry.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I'm reminded of that episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer in which Buffy's mother confronts Buffy about being the Slayer, and Buffy confronts her about her own denial. "How often did you have to wash blood out of my clothes?" etc. But I think a concerned mother would be more likely to turn a blind eye to blood and knife holes than an impersonal, nosy laundry service!

Sullivan McPig said...

Oh, I haven't seen that episode, but sounds like a fun one. And mothers are indeed more likely to miss certain clues than outsiders.

Emma Michaels said...

Great teaser! I hope you will check out mine for Stephanie Meyer's latest novel The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner! Also, if you check back on my blog this Friday I have huge news about the novels I had been submitting to agents/publishers!

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

Dakota Banks said...

Thanks for picking a quote from Dark Time. I'd like to offer one from the next book, Sacrifice, due to be released August 31. It's one of my favorite moments in the book.

Maliha stretched out on the leaves that covered her daughter's grave, getting as close to Constanta as she could. Though several feet of earth, hundreds of years, and the specter of death separated them, she felt her arms wrap around her baby.

Sullivan McPig said...

Wow, that is a very sad and beautiful quote. Thanks.
I'm really enjoying Dark Time sofar, so I think I'll try to get hold of book two as well.