Saturday 12 October 2013

Alien's Bride - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


Alien's Bride
by Yamila Abraham

ebook, novella

What is it about:
Kind-hearted Maritza is transported thousands of years into the future to be a bride for one of the malevolent aliens who has conquered earth. A sci-fi romance adventure for adults only!

What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
I will confess I almost put this book down when reading the first few pages. The writing at the start of the story is very wonky and illogical. But I soldiered on and the writing did get better further into the story.

The story itself is nice, although clearly a set up for the next book in my opinion. It didn't feel complete. I also thought the romance and erotica were too toned down. Although I was intrigued by the setting and world building they took up too much space. There could have been a bit less world building and more romance in my opinion. I liked the love/lust interest, but he didn't get enough screen time to really get a feel for him. There was another male character who got more screen time, I would have liked this to be the other way around.

All in all this story does have some really nice ideas, but would have worked better as a longer story where those things I missed now could have been explored. I will keep an eye out for other books by Abraham to see if future books will deliver on the promise I see in Alien's Bride.

Why should you read it:
It's a nice SciFi read.


Buy it here




1 comment:

Aurian said...

Well, she certainly does not seem to enjoy herself.