Friday 13 September 2013

The Outcast Prince - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


The Outcast Prince (Court of Annwyn #1)
by Shona Husk


What is it about:
Caspian Mort can feel the history in anything he touches, a gift he inherited from his father, the Crown Prince of Annwyn. Devastated over his ex-wife's infidelity, Caspian has withdrawn from human contact except when working as an antiques dealer.

While assessing the contents of the historic Callaway House he encounters the beautiful Lydia Callaway and senses that her home is haunted by a banished fairy. But what does the dangerous exile want? Unbeknownst to Lydia, she's the owner of the last remaining portal to Annwyn—a mirror hidden somewhere in the house. To keep Lydia safe, Caspian will have to divulge the secrets of his heritage, and risk losing his heart again.


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
It seems Husk's books are either a hit or miss for me.

Of the three books in her Shadowlands series I adored two of them, while one left me feeling underwhelmed.

Sadly enough The Outcast Prince fell flat for me as well.

It's not that it's a bad book. Far from it, it has a very nice romance, it is well written and has interesting characters. It's just that it didn't have enough paranormal aspects for my tastes. I wanted more fairy, more magic, more... other.

I know that this is more to blame to my personal taste than that it's a flaw in the book, but I was disappointed by it. At the same time characters are introduced in this book that have me hoping the next book in this series might be a winner again.

So even though I won't be rereading this one, I most probably will give the next book in this series a chance, because when Husk's books do meet my (unreasonable) demands, they do it well.

Why should you read it:
It's a nice paranormal romance


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide


3 comments:

Melliane said...

I hope it will be better for the next one...

Aurian said...

Nice review Sullivan, I do hope you will enjoy the next one more. I have this author on my wishlist. Someday ...

Denise Z said...

This is a new series for me. I am always fascinated by the empathic touch stories, but will be looking up the beginning of the series to check out more. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.