Tuesday 31 December 2019


On this last day of 2019 I wanted to look back on my reading and my bookish adventures.

2019 was the year my owner and I traveled to Dublin to attend Worldcon, and to meet Jeffe Kennedy. The first picture in this post is of me and my owner enjoying our first evening in Dublin, the second picture is me posing for a picture together with Jeffe Kennedy and Kelly Robson.

We had such a great time in Dublin, sightseeing with Jeffe and David, meeting other authors, and attending panels. A complete recap can be found on my other blog. You can bet that I want to go to other cons in the future, even though I retired from all my other traveling this year.



On to my reading.


I set myself two challenges this year: try to finish the Charley Davidson series by DArynda Jones and to read at least one book each month that had been lingering on my shelves for a more than a few months.

I didn't succeed in finishing the Charley Davidson series, but I did read 5 books in this series this year, and have 4 more to go. I'll definitely will finish this series in 2020.

As for Orphaned books, I didn't read one every month, but I had months were I read more than one, bringing my total of Orphans Read at 17 for 2019 (two of those were on my shelves for 6 years). I'll continue to try to get more older books read next year.


My favorite reads of 2019

I have read so many amazing books in 2019, that I made a list of my favorite book for each month (in two cases I really couldn't decide and have more than one)

January
How to Save an Undead Life - Hailey Edwards

February
Phoenix Falling – Laura Bickle

March
The Queen's Resistance – Rebecca Ross

April
Vicious - V.E. Schwab


May
Every Heart a Doorway – Seanan McGuire
The Orchid Throne – Jeffe Kennedy
The Only Harmless Great Thing – Brooke Bolander

June
Chaos Choreography – Seanan McGuire

July
American Hippo – Sarah Gailey

August
Empire of Sand – Tasha Suri


September
Magic for Liars – Sarah Gailey
Middlegame – Seanan McGuire
Gamechanger – L.X. Beckett

October
Gideon the Ninth – Tamsyn Muir

November
The Alchemist and an Amaretto – Annette Marie

December
Break the Bodies, Haunt the Bones – Micah Dean Hicks



All in all my reading year was great and I will continue to read and review in 2020.

That leaves me with wishing you all "Many good books for 2020, and a very happy New Year!"



No comments: