Monday 27 February 2012

Bound by Fire - Book Review

Bound by Fire (The Twin Flames #1)
by Ronald Craft


What is it about:
An ancient promise.
A forgotten treachery.
Seven souls, bound by fire, will begin their quest for the truth.

Ilian, an apprentice blacksmith, has the heart of a god sealed within him. When Karena, the beautiful red-haired assassin, kills his father and rips his soul from his body Ilian becomes entangled in a rivalry that has spanned over hundreds of years.

However, even with his life turned upside down, and treachery at every turn, Ilian soon learns that there are worse people he can have at his side than a woman proficient in the art of assassination.


What did I think of it:
I had some trouble with this book because I didn't like Ilian and Karena. Luckily there was another character who had lots of 'screen time' and who I really liked.

Further on in the story another cool character popped up and along with a very decent story that made me curious where it would lead, those characters were enough to keep me reading.

All in all this is an entertaining fantasy story with sufficiently evil bad guys, cool magic, heroics and sacrifice. I'm not sure if I will read the next book in this Trilogy (Ilian didn't grow on me throughout the book and I usually like to read books where I can relate to the main character), but I will certainly keep an eye on Craft to see what other books he'll write.

Why should you read it:
It's an action filled Fantasy story.


Buy this book here

No comments: